So today I met The Undertaker. He was a nice guy but odd to see him in golfing gear. I think I could kick his ass.
Some good lessons learned on my first Winnebago trip to Oxford, MS:
- 20 minutes into the drive, we all learn that when you pull into a gas station big enough for Winnies, you can't just park anywhere. You especially shouldn't just park in the "RV dumping" area. We did that. Some RV veterans were pissed. We waved.
- Nextel clearly has no agreement with the state of Mississippi. I lost service about 2 hours into our tip and didn't have it back until we returned Sunday. Thankfully, none of our facilities blew up.
- Parking in a gravel RV lot immediately comes with a sense of pride, sense of accomplishment. Other RVers are welcoming, you set up shop and you are in business.
- I haven't gone out much lately. You can tell. We had some adult beverages in the Winnie Friday afternoon and night. I "fell asleep" in the captain's chair.
- Captain's chairs aren't very comfortable to sleep in.
- Showering in the Winnie was an experience. I'm just thrilled I got the shampoo out of my hair before we ran out of water. Which we did.
- I never had a mimosa before Saturday morning. I had three Saturday morning.
- The Grove is an amazing site on Ole Miss gamedays. I mean, yeah the sea of tents are nice and somewhat eye catching, but the women ... THE WOMEN ... dear Lord. I thought my head might explode from too much input. It was incredible.
- I'll give our kids a bunch of credit, but too many errors in play calls and on-field decisions cost us. Vanderbilt should have defeated Ole Miss. There should be no excuses. Sad, just sad.
- Brandon won the first ever Winnie Bowl, defeating both me and Mookie in double overtime tilts. Yes, he won but keep in mind he just got back from a two week suspension for loosing four straight games. And we aren't just talking 7, 14 point loses.
- The original Teen Wolf is a really bad movie. Granted there are funny parts and some great lines, but it is awful. They never explain why Lewis is so afraid to talk to Scott after he becomes The Wolf. And what was the deal with Harold Howard and the vice principal's falling out? Why was the guy so afraid of Howard? I mean, hell when Howard turned into a wolf, he looked like a damn Munchichi, not a wolf. Really, really bad. And we don't discuss Teen Wolf 2. That never happened. Got it?
- Adam Sandler's best comedic effort has to be Wedding Singer. Stay out of this Billy Idol.
- Watching the UT/Florida game, I kept hoping for the earth to open up under Neyland Stadium and just swallow both teams. With that said, Florida got screwed. I thought they were the better team.
- I was hoping LSU and Georgia would both be undefeated for the Oct. 2 game in Athens. Thank God Georgia has a week off. They need it.
- The drive back wasn't so bad. We were all tired, but it was a kick ass trip. If you ever get the chance to RV it, I highly recommend it.